Buy a Practice
Dentistry provides a variety of practice options. Evaluate every option before you decide...
Practice Option Guide and Evaluation:
The best practice option for you is determined by your specific needs and expectations of being in practice. The list below examines the various benefits that different practice options might provide.
1. Control: The right practice environment gives you control of your time, your hours, how you want to practice, and your life.
2. New patient flow: The life-blood of any practice. New patients are generated by word-of-mouth, a solid marketing strategy, good location, and market need.
3. Mentorship: Having one or more mentors who have traveled the path where you want to go can be one of the most powerful assets in your professional growth.
4. Clinical training: Dentistry is rapidly changing in clinical techniques, materials, technology, and philosophy. Engaging in a program of continual clinical improvement is a key to long-term success.
5. Management systems: Beyond good clinical skills, the success of any practice is dependent upon proven business systems that run the practice. From scheduling to financial arrangements and collections, the quality of the business systems will determine your financial success.
6. Case acceptance systems: Have you ever considered that your great clinical skills come into play only after the patient has said “yes” to treatment? Having a solid case presentation system and training for the entire team can determine whether a practice is a “also ran” or the top in its field.
7. Team: The best practices perform at a high level because of the quality of the selection, training, and management of the team. Quality team members = Quality practice results.